Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The End of June...

As the month of June came to a close, I was becoming more familiar with the work in the office as well as the normal set-up for Fish promotional events and concerts. Also, I was also getting to know more people at the office as well as in the sales department. I even filled in for the receptionist a couple of times, answering the phones and such. In addition, I was asked by the productions director Dale to voice a couple of Fish liners for promos. I thought nothing of it until a couple of days ago I was listening to the Fish and heard this promo a couple of times with multiple voices. After hearing it about the third time, I realized my voice was in there twice!! I was shocked at how my voice sounded so different!!

Anyways, I helped out with two events toward the end of June. The first was a radio remote at Cedar Point on June 29. Since the park is a bit of a drive, I got there early, taking along my brother, his friend, and one of my friends. We planned to stay there longer after I was done with my remote. For some unforeseen circumstances, I had had to run up to the station to pick up all the Fish banners, fliers, etc. Thankfully, I got to park inside the park near the marketing office, which made it easier to carry everything inside. Actually, it was cool because I got to meet one of the Cedar Point marketing managers, Bryan Edwards. I met up with John and Josh around 1:30...we set up all the equipment and the signage. Josh was broadcasting live right outside Cedar Point's new ride: the Maverick. (I didn't get to ride it because the line was too long, but I heard this new terra-coaster was very cool and definitely worth it)!! I checked back periodically to make sure Josh was doing OK, and around 6:00, we torn down everything. My friends and I stayed a little bit later; however, we were all pretty tired, so we ended up leaving earlier than we had planned.

The following morning, I helped out with another radio remote that Josh was doing at Fred Martin Superstore in Baberton. Christina, Andrea, and I ran the booth, which included the Fish prize wheel. A couple of other radio stations were there as well...it was interesting to see what they had for their remotes. One station also had a prize wheel, while the other was giving away free pizza :) Overall, the remote went well; although, our location kind of hid where we were, making our crowd flow a little less than I had hoped. So there's the rest of June...July too has been a busy, busy month which you can read about in the posts to follow!! Although I have one more side note: I was worried about getting enough intern hours, but by the end of June I was surprised to find that I already accumulated over 90 hours!!! :)

No comments: