Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The First Few Weeks...

I know it's way past the time I started my radio promotions internship at Salem Communications (mainly 95.5 the Fish), but I finally have time to reflect since I'm kind of out of commission. (I got my wisdom teeth out a few days ago). I really do love my internship, and I'm learning so much from really great people. My first day was Tuesday, June 5. I remember getting dressed up (because I wasn't sure about the dress code) and driving to the office which is right across the street from where my mom works. I remember walking in thinking, "This is just so cool!" I could see that the dress code at the office was more casual than I anticipated. A few minutes later, I met my boss Greg for the first time.

I had my interview on the phone, and he hired me right afterward. Greg is Morning Show Producer and Events Coordinator for 95.5 the Fish. He introduced me to the other two interns, Christina and Andrea, and then had me sign some paperwork. I began working that same day as well as meeting everyone in the office. Granted, I still don't remember everyone's names; however, over time, I'm sure I will learn everyone's names. Also, I've met the majority of the on-air personalities: Len, Brooke, Gina, and Josh.

Although I'm still learning the ropes, I've already started helping out in the office. The interns' duties include mailing out the prizes, making weekly prize sheets, handling half-prize dining deals, organizing, filing, and other random responsibilities that may come up. In addition to working in the office on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (Andrea, Christina, and I developed a weekly schedule), I also help out at events during the week and on the weekends. The first week I helped out at two events, which I will describe in the following posts. Needless to say, I'm having a wonderful time!!

No comments: