Wednesday, June 27, 2007

33 Miles Concert!

The first week I went to two events, one being a 33 Miles concert at Word of Grace Church in Chesterland on Thursday. I was excited and nervous, first of all, because it was my first promotional event for the Fish, and secondly, because I was going to meet 33 Miles!! Early at the office, Andrea and I walked around to record some listener comments with a mini-disc recorder for new Fish liners. At the concert, we were supposed to record a couple more.

We arrived early to set up (Andrea, Christina, Cassie, and I). Cassie is another intern who just helps out at events. Andrea and Cassie both go to the Ohio Center for Broadcasting and both are in need of intern hours. Unfortunately, all four of us are on the shorter side, making it hard to set up the backdrop. The members of 33 Miles saw our dilemma and decided to help us put it up. They introduced themselves...the three-member Christian band includes Jason (Louisiana), Chris (Alabama), and Collin (Colorado). I fell in love with their Southern accents! I only had heard one of their songs, What Could Be Better (the Days Ahead), before this concert because I added it to the Covenant's currents when it neared the top of the charts a couple of months ago.

Anyways, the interns and I talked to the listeners, handed out fliers, and got a couple more listener comments before the concert. Then, we went in and listened to a couple of songs...I was really impressed...I loved their music, and I could see a lot of potential in this group. I think 33 Miles has a lot of talent and a bright future. All three could really sing well. They almost reminded me a little of Mercy Me. Check out this link if you get a chance! 33 Miles!

No comments: